A leather jacket is something that can elevate any outfit. It is so important to invest in one you love. It took me a while to find my favorite after a big debate and I found a great option by Zara. Best part? It was under $200! Links to all my favorites from high to low are on my LiketoKnowit profile here as well as below — happy shopping!
I didn’t know I could become so obsessed with gummy candies again until I had my first Sugarfina Sugar Lips. Sweet, tangy and yummy…they are simply delicious. They’re basically the sour patch kids I had as a child, all grown up and in way better packaging. (Talk about Instagrammable!) I thought how fun would it be to mix up my outfit blog shoots and take this one on location.
Behold, my editorial + candy dream come to life on one Saturday in NYC…
Back to our scheduled programming — the outfit. This look is ideal for a summer weekend brunch or day party. We’ve seen a version of classic blue stripes everywhere this season. I love this simple silhouette by Zara. What makes it stand out is the amazing embroidery on the sleeves. The wrap style can be worn in a few different ways but I think it looks best worn slightly off the shoulder.
To keep the rest of this outfit simple, I wore my Kendall Jenner inspired jeans by Citizens of Humanity from Aritzia. This fit, called the Liya, has a great hight rise and just the right amount of distressing. I sized down in these for a more flattering fit.
Lastly, I added my go-to suede wrap heels by Steve Madden from ae.com and I’m ready to grab some sweets and hit the city in style.
If you haven’t tried Sugarfina, I highly suggest it. I have no shame buying some for myself and while you’re there grab a few for your girlfriends too — they make the best gifts! The store is the cutest – if you have a chance, definitely visit this location on the Upper East Side in NYC!
Photos by Christina Emilie at Sugarfina in NYC
SHOP MY LOOK:
SHOES: Steve Madden
Summer is officially here — can you believe it?! I wanted to share my top five favorite dresses to celebrate the season we’ve been waiting so long for.
It’s finally time to wear those off-the-shoulder numbers you’ve put away from last year’s wardrobe and bring them back out. This trend may seem a bit overplayed I know but I promise it is still relevant.
I’ve added a few more dress trends I’ve been loving this season and hope you find a fave amongst the list below.
Happy summer and happy shopping!
Going global. Embroidered pieces have been all the rage. Love the details of this by Zara
A maxi is always a good idea in these warmer temps. Love this AE dress.
Can’t beat a classic cold shoulder white dress. This Aerie one is perfect to take from the beach to the streets.
A bold print is what your wardrobe needs to have some fun! Living for this Mango mini.
Can never have enough slip dresses. This silky dress from H&M looks school layered over a tee with sneakers or paired with your favorite tassel high heels for a night out on the town.
A last minute holiday gift ideas for the Fashionista in your life!
PSA: If my family or friends are reading this…take notes. 🙂
2. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette — I received these eyeshadows from my sister last Christmas and I’m still obsessed. It’s the perfect selection of nudes and subtle metallics for any eye look you want to create, from natural to smokey!
3. Stacking Rings — The layered ring trend is here to stay and it’s a great gift for the girl that loves a little gold in her life. Check out rings from Catbird and if you’re in NYC, I highly recommend checking out the jewelry vendors in Chelsea Market — there are so many inexpensive options that you might be able to score a few for yourself too! The more delicate the better, I love stacking them in champagne and rose golds.
4. Coffee Table Books — For the fashionista, you can’t go wrong with a stylish coffee table book. The quintessential, “Tom Ford” is not only a beautiful read but adds a bold statement to any table in your room.
5. Rebecca Minkoff “Velvet Love” Cross-body — I’m loving the velvet trend this holiday season, and to add a touch of it with this Rebecca Minkoff cross-body is the perfect way to work it into your wardrobe. The emerald hue is so pretty and perfect for a fun night!
6. Tech-Friendly Gloves — Being warm is everything and the fact that every glove these days comes out with a tech-friendly element is amazing! I’ve been very into a touch of faux fur lately, and these gloves add a little bit of fun without going over the top. Another favorite of mine? These grey gloves from American Eagle Outfitters!
7. Succulent — Perhaps you can blame Instagram, but these little green succulents are the perfect little accessory to add some green to your life! I love that they are low maintenance and bring a little of the outdoors in. Whether you get one for their desk or bedroom — succulents are cute gift she will truly appreciate! Don’t want the real thing? Target sells some awesome options.
8. Marble iPhone Case — Grey + white…what more could you want?! I’ve been seeing marble iPhone cases and Macbook cases that are so beautiful and chic. It’s a total way to upgrade her iPhone game.
9. Janessa Leone Hat — If you know me, I’ve been obsessing over Janessa Leone hats for some time now. I finally scored one and now I need them all. Definitely splurge worthy but for the hat lover out there, she will love it for years to come!
10. Nars Lipstick — Give a little glamour. Every fashionista loves a bold red lip. I love Nars lipstick in “Jungle Red”. The color is semi-matte and will be amazing to have just in time to ring in the new year!
I hope these 10 items help you with your last-minute shopping needs, or maybe inspired you to shop for yourself!
‘Tis the season!
Happy Holidays & Happy Shopping!