Daylight savings has occurred and we’ve had a couple of amazing warm spring-like days in NYC…
Just when I thought I could put my parka away for good (rejoice!) it’s somehow freezing again in the big city.
Before we go full-on spring closet flip — let’s keep it real. We might as well get some CPW (cost per wear) out of our favorite winter sweaters, right?
I love an oversized sweater with a leather legging. This look is by Aritzia. I love the oatmeal shade of this sweater. It’s super cozy and insanely warm.
I’m always into a good texture mix so I brought back my go-to leather leggings to keep it cool and sleek.
My favorite accessory of the moment? The bandana. First I was a little nervous about the whole neck-tie thing but again, blame the world of Instagram to see so many of my favorite Fashionistas rocking it. (Tutorial coming soon!)
I styled this bandana like a choker. It gives a little bit of edge to any look.
A last minute holiday gift ideas for the Fashionista in your life!
PSA: If my family or friends are reading this…take notes. 🙂
1. Diptyque Candle– Perhaps the most Instagrammed candle but the “Baies” smells just as amazing as it looks on your feed.
2. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette— I received these eyeshadows from my sister last Christmas and I’m still obsessed. It’s the perfect selection of nudes and subtle metallics for any eye look you want to create, from natural to smokey!
3. Stacking Rings— The layered ring trend is here to stay and it’s a great gift for the girl that loves a little gold in her life. Check out rings from Catbird and if you’re in NYC, I highly recommend checking out the jewelry vendors in Chelsea Market — there are so many inexpensive options that you might be able to score a few for yourself too! The more delicate the better, I love stacking them in champagne and rose golds.
4. Coffee Table Books— For the fashionista, you can’t go wrong with a stylish coffee table book. The quintessential, “Tom Ford” is not only a beautiful read but adds a bold statement to any table in your room.
5. Rebecca Minkoff “Velvet Love” Cross-body — I’m loving the velvet trend this holiday season, and to add a touch of it with this Rebecca Minkoff cross-body is the perfect way to work it into your wardrobe. The emerald hue is so pretty and perfect for a fun night!
6. Tech-Friendly Gloves — Being warm is everything and the fact that every glove these days comes out with a tech-friendly element is amazing! I’ve been very into a touch of faux fur lately, and these gloves add a little bit of fun without going over the top. Another favorite of mine? These grey gloves from American Eagle Outfitters!
7. Succulent — Perhaps you can blame Instagram, but these little green succulents are the perfect little accessory to add some green to your life! I love that they are low maintenance and bring a little of the outdoors in. Whether you get one for their desk or bedroom — succulents are cute gift she will truly appreciate! Don’t want the real thing? Target sells some awesome options.
8. Marble iPhone Case — Grey + white…what more could you want?! I’ve been seeing marble iPhone cases and Macbook cases that are so beautiful and chic. It’s a total way to upgrade her iPhone game.
9. Janessa Leone Hat — If you know me, I’ve been obsessing over Janessa Leone hats for some time now. I finally scored one and now I need them all. Definitely splurge worthy but for the hat lover out there, she will love it for years to come!
10. Nars Lipstick — Give a little glamour. Every fashionista loves a bold red lip. I love Nars lipstick in “Jungle Red”. The color is semi-matte and will be amazing to have just in time to ring in the new year!
I hope these 10 items help you with your last-minute shopping needs, or maybe inspired you to shop for yourself!
“Every year the women of New York leave the past behind and look forward to the future… this is known as Fashion Week.”
Carrie Bradshaw said it best. However, now Fashion Week isn’t limited to the women of New York, the runways have never been more accessible thanks to something called the Internet. With top designers giving us live-streams, instagrams and tweets, it’s almost impossible to not see their collection!
Over the weekend, I was loving life watching the Alexander Wang show not from Brooklyn — but on my couch in some very chic sweatpants. It was hard to narrow down my favorites from this Fashion Week but I gained some inspiration from none other than Queen Bey and decided to give you a visual album of my top picks!
Steven Alan — Sea of Neutrals. I could literally live in his entire presentation. Greys, creams and navys — what more could a girl want? I’ll take one of each, thanks. J. Crew — You had me at sequin pants. I am so happy this is still a thing — call me cheesy but I appreciate sequins for far more occasions than New Years. We deserve to sparkle on more days than one! The mix of oversized coats to cool metallics was what we call a dream. Rebecca Minkoff — She always nails that cool girl style. Loving the midi length skirts with sporty jackets — I’m so happy the varsity trend is here to stay! Rebecca Taylor — One collection where I can honestly say I would wear everything! From the cool over-sized coats to sexy short dresses — this is the ultimate wardrobe of the “model-off-duty” and will be my inspiration for the next few months/life. Joie — Menswear. Over-sized. Grey. What more do I need to say? I feel like every woman needs a floor-length coat! It’s all about fashion and function — this coat would give me both! Win-win. Tory Burch — Pleats, high-neck collars, thigh-high socks and a mix of textures were such a statement. I am obsessed with this look! DKNY — All up in my eye. I now am committing to rocking my all black Yankee hat and not letting it sit on the shelf collecting dust. In other words, we can all be Jay Z. Opening Ceremony — You can wear black and blue together. Cobalt clearly isn’t going anywhere — embrace this color that is already in your closet! Victoria Beckham — Let’s face it, we all wanted to be Posh — and we still want to be Posh! I am loving the beautiful white sheer dresses with a classic menswear oxford shoe. Opposites attract. Wes Gordon — Loving the deep V-neck dresses with color-blocking. Maroon and soft blues never looked so good. The mustard yellow dress I am still dying over and would look amazing on a variety of skin-tones. Prabal Gurung — 4 words: Joan. Smalls. Finale. Dress. From bold hues to thigh-high slits — these dresses are for sure to end up on the best dressed list — I can’t wait to see which lucky A-lister will get to rock them! Naeem Khan — Absolutely stunning. A mix of beautifully embroidered dresses to that incredible green feathered gown! Love!
What look will you use as your wardrobe inspiration? Anything could happen…xo Photos via Style.com