Can’t believe it’s almost time for the 4th! Currently procrastinating packing for my trip home and making an inspiration board instead. This year I feel like taking a break from my go-to nautical stripes and am feelin’ an all white ensemble. A simple white tank with a pair of cropped white denim is all I want to wear. A frayed hem is key to this outfit. (Feel free to get the scissors out on an old pair of jeans you own to try this trend.)
It’s all about straw accessories. Whether it’s structured bags or my favorite accessory of last summer that is still going strong — the straw boater hat — it’s a summer must-have! I’m borderline obsessed with the straw pom pom bags, it adds the perfect texture to any outfit.
Also, I am loving a slip on sandal. Not only are they extremely comfortable, but they make me feel like an Olsen twin — effortless and cool. They’re also a dream to wear to the airport and can be dressed up or down.
Add a pop of color with an orangey-coral lip. This shade looks good on just about everyone. Currently loving Mac’s “Fruit Cocktail” lipliner for this.
For a night of fireworks ahead — a denim jacket, like this oversized style from American Eagle ties my look together (literally). I love tying a denim jacket around my waist to break up the monotone look.
Hope I inspired your look for a fun weekend ahead! Happy 4th!
A last minute holiday gift ideas for the Fashionista in your life!
PSA: If my family or friends are reading this…take notes. 🙂
1. Diptyque Candle– Perhaps the most Instagrammed candle but the “Baies” smells just as amazing as it looks on your feed.
2. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette— I received these eyeshadows from my sister last Christmas and I’m still obsessed. It’s the perfect selection of nudes and subtle metallics for any eye look you want to create, from natural to smokey!
3. Stacking Rings— The layered ring trend is here to stay and it’s a great gift for the girl that loves a little gold in her life. Check out rings from Catbird and if you’re in NYC, I highly recommend checking out the jewelry vendors in Chelsea Market — there are so many inexpensive options that you might be able to score a few for yourself too! The more delicate the better, I love stacking them in champagne and rose golds.
4. Coffee Table Books— For the fashionista, you can’t go wrong with a stylish coffee table book. The quintessential, “Tom Ford” is not only a beautiful read but adds a bold statement to any table in your room.
5. Rebecca Minkoff “Velvet Love” Cross-body — I’m loving the velvet trend this holiday season, and to add a touch of it with this Rebecca Minkoff cross-body is the perfect way to work it into your wardrobe. The emerald hue is so pretty and perfect for a fun night!
6. Tech-Friendly Gloves — Being warm is everything and the fact that every glove these days comes out with a tech-friendly element is amazing! I’ve been very into a touch of faux fur lately, and these gloves add a little bit of fun without going over the top. Another favorite of mine? These grey gloves from American Eagle Outfitters!
7. Succulent — Perhaps you can blame Instagram, but these little green succulents are the perfect little accessory to add some green to your life! I love that they are low maintenance and bring a little of the outdoors in. Whether you get one for their desk or bedroom — succulents are cute gift she will truly appreciate! Don’t want the real thing? Target sells some awesome options.
8. Marble iPhone Case — Grey + white…what more could you want?! I’ve been seeing marble iPhone cases and Macbook cases that are so beautiful and chic. It’s a total way to upgrade her iPhone game.
9. Janessa Leone Hat — If you know me, I’ve been obsessing over Janessa Leone hats for some time now. I finally scored one and now I need them all. Definitely splurge worthy but for the hat lover out there, she will love it for years to come!
10. Nars Lipstick — Give a little glamour. Every fashionista loves a bold red lip. I love Nars lipstick in “Jungle Red”. The color is semi-matte and will be amazing to have just in time to ring in the new year!
I hope these 10 items help you with your last-minute shopping needs, or maybe inspired you to shop for yourself!
Just because the weather outside is drab doesn’t mean your skin has to be! For as long as I can remember I have admired Jennifer Lopez’s dewy skin and don’t think anyone’s make-up has ever looked more flawless. (Sorry Kardashians!)
This woman has mastered the glow, or at least her glam squad has. Let me take you back to the “I’m Real Remix” video featuring Ja Rule — have you ever seen anyone wear a fedora and look that amazing with perfectly contoured face and highlighted cheekbones? Didn’t think so. This video was not only a favorite of mine for it’s lyrical genius or Ja Rule’s very on-trend leather baseball hat but it’s basically an anthem. Please feel free to play as you read along to these beauty tips!
Oily skin girls — put down the mattifiers! It’s time to embrace your natural sheen in the right places and those with dry skin I will enlighten you with some go-to products to get close to looking like Jenny from the Block.
Post amazing skincare routine (moisturize!), put on your base – a tinted moisturizer or lightweight foundation and mix in a pea sized amount of liquid illuminator, like Nars ‘Orgasm‘ to give a touch of rosey golden glow.
Next, take a matte bronzer like Smashbox, Suntan Matte, to contour the face with an angled brush. For this, just swipe the bronzer with a light hand under the apples of the cheeks in an upward motion. Be sure to blend so you don’t get the dreaded stripe so it looks natural. Be sure to brush along your jawline and top of forehead to even out.
After bronzer, it’s time to add that signature J.Lo peachy tone to the cheeks. I love Nars ‘Gina‘ blush, it’s a shade that looks really great on a wide range of complexions. Take your blush brush and swirl around the apples of your cheeks again with a light hand.
Now time to highlight – most important! With a feather brush, dust a bit of Too Faced ‘Sun Bunny‘ on just the tops of your cheeks — I guarantee this will give you a beautiful shimmer without tacky sparkle.
Lastly, take a concealer brush using Benefit Cosmetic ‘Watts Up‘ (a favorite of mine) to add the last touch of glow. Kendall Bennewitz, an NYC based make-up artist says, “only put highlighter on temples, bridge of the nose and tops of the cheeks.”
End with a nude lip like Marc Jacobs lip gloss in ‘Sweet Escape‘ and hello — you’re J to the L – O.