My absolute necessity for fall is the blanket scarf. I can’t live without it. I purchased my first one a few years ago from Aritzia and decided I needed a fresh one for the season! At first you might wonder, “How does one wear so much fabric?” or “Does it look like I’m wearing an actual blanket?” Have no fear. Here at Syma Speaks, we’ve made our first .gif (#trendy) to show you a few ways to wear this season’s most versatile item.
1. Easy Breezy – I like this look for a day where I’m not freezing and just want to add some color and texture.
2. The Shawl – This adds drama. Draped as a shawl, this not only keeps you super warm but plays up on the Kimono trend we’ve been seeing this past summer and the heavier fabric works for the cooler months.
3. The Classic – Fashion meets function. Your safest bet to stay warm all winter long. Your scarf tied with an easy loop around your neck won’t go anywhere and is best when you’re running errands around the city.
4. Wrap Star – Wearing your blanket scarf like this lets it double as a coat and you mean business. Your arms might not be handy but who cares – you’re as warm as can be.
5. Flip It and Reverse It – Take a cue from Missy and wear the reverse side of your blanket scarf the next time you drape it like a shawl. I’m obsessed with this navy and it gives a whole new feel to this look.
With so many ways to wear it – how will you rock the Blanket Scarf?
Sweatshirt , Forever 21
Jeans, American Eagle Outfitters
Boots, Sam Edelman
Photos by Allison Schaller