Just because winter is dull and dreary doesn’t mean your skin has to be! It is very important you invest time in your skin care especially in these colder months when our skin is struggling the most.
1. Ole Henriksen Walnut Complexion Scrub - Unlike what TLC told us, this is one scrub you do want. This exfoliator is for the days you feel like your skin is dull and dreary similar to the weather outside when you just long for brighter more radiant skin. I love this scrub because it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. Believe me, I am someone that gets a weird allergic reaction to most scented cosmetics but this fresh blueberry scent doesn’t bother me – it feels so good getting all the dead skin off but definitely don’t use more than once a week!
2. Mario Badescu Healing & Soothing Mask - This mask saves lives. Not exactly but any time I feel like my skin is getting dry or a potential allergic reaction to something I slather this on my face and let it sit 20 minutes. After I rinse off, my skin has never felt smoother. Everyone needs this mask – and at only $20.00, you should get one for your boyfriend, mom, sister and brother too!
3. Cerave Moisturizing Lotion – A drugstore favorite. I’ve talked about this moisturizer before but it had to be done again. I got recommended this by my dermatologist and haven’t looked back since. It gives just the right amount of moisture to my skin without feeling greasy. It also is unscented and perfect for sensitive skin types like me. It also comes in a huge bottle which might not be the most travel-friendly but you won’t run out for months which is great!
4. Bite Whipped Cherry Lip Scrub - If you read my previous post on the Bite Beauty Lip Lab you know I am a strong advocate for lip scrubs. In these winter months our lips tend to feel so dry it’s hard to wear our favorite lip colors. However, investing in a lip scrub like this helps remove all the dead skin just like a scrub would do for your face to allow a perfect canvas for your favorite new lipstick.
5. Aquaphor - Another drug store miracle. This balm is the perfect follow-up post lip scrub. It is super moisturizing for your lips in need and also can be great for any cuts or cracked skin. It comes in multiple sizes. I suggest the large bottle for home and the smaller size to throw in your bag when you’re on the go.
6. L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream - Cracked skin is not cute, not to mention painful! With the constant washing of our hands in these cooler months our hands really suffer. It’s super important to invest in a hand cream to keep your hands as soft as possible. The smell of this cream isn’t overbearing and works really well to sooth skin when it needs it most.
7. Lush Sympathy for the Skin – This lotion is bananas. No really, it’s made from organic mashed bananas, vanilla extract, lemon oil and sandalwood. If that doesn’t sound like a dream, I don’t know what is. I love lush products and this lotion does a great job at moisturizing my skin without leaving a filmy residue.
I swear by these products for an (almost) flawless complexion. Pretty soon you’ll be feeling like B and saying, “I woke up like this!”